Communication between schools - Leading from the middle
Using existing tools for better communication within regions
Connecting headmasters, founders, teachers and other stakeholders, who operate in the same region, on a platform where they can share local problems and solutions.
Headmasters within a region and their schools' founder share ideas, best practices, and advice on one platform such as Teams or Basecamp.
Schools within one region use different types of platforms, and the school founder determines which platform will be used for communication among headmasters. The school founder will provide schools with experts (lawyers, psychologists, etc.) to assist them with problem-solving too.
Our solution is region-based and focused on the cooperation of schools and key stakeholders. The aim is to promote less privileged schools and to improve their position. The advantage of this solution is that it saves headmasters' money, time, and energy beacuse they will no longer have to do problem-solving on their own.
The needs of schools differ from region to region. Moreover, the majority of headmasters deal with all the needs and problems of their schools on their own. Therefore, we have asked ourselves why the headmasters from the same region or location do not share the ideas and the efficient solutions they came up with.
Existing platforms and solutions usually strengthen the position of privileged schools. Thus, we have decided to draw attention to the less privileged schools, which is possible by grouping together schools within one region, not within the whole country.
Many schools went through digitalization because of the Covid-19 outbreak, and they are using different platforms for teaching and communication now. Therefore, we have decided to use the existing ones (Teams, Basecamp,...) and not to invent a new one.
We have taken into account other current problems as well - the lack of communication and networking between schools and the lack of assistance with problem-solving from the school founders' side.
Solution target group
Our target groups are headmasters, founders of schools, teachers, and local stakeholders.
Our project is highly beneficial for headmasters because they will not need to find solutions to local problems on their own. Sharing ideas, best practices, and solutions will save their time, and thanks to the presence of a lawyer and a psychologist on the platform, they will get qualified help too.
School founders will get a better overview of what problems schools deal with.
Our project has a significant impact on the connection between various stakeholders - headmasters, founders of schools and teachers. Hand in hand with the improvement of communication and sharing of ideas/solutions goes the improvement of the schools' organization and the education too.
Solution tweet textEffective sharing of ideas and solutions within schools from the same region #middlemanagement #digiScio
Our solution is innovative because it:
- creates the missing piece of structure = middle management
- helps less privileged schools
- provides schools with experts in the area of law, psychology, etc
- helps headmasters to share ideas and save money, time, and energy.
Our solution aims at the educational system mainly. However, it could be applied to different regions or countries.
Our great advantage is that we are in touch with the majority of school founders, meaning we can start implementing our project almost immediately. We have already started the cooperation with key partners in the field of education in the Czech Republic.
Solution team work
The team work and cooperation were very productive, efficient and smooth. The spirit of our team is great and we are going to continue to work as a team for sure - stay tuned:)
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.