Identify the skills and attitudes required by the companies to face the digital transformation and design appropriate training programmes to sustain their development.Read more about Digital skills for companies’ digital transformation
Approaching digital education with engagement methodologies
Edu-Wallet: the most engaging learning platform to build your cross-functional skills path.
We propose the creation of a platform, which services could be bought by Companyes, for the training of cross-functional skills. The aim is to provide a Bottom-Up approach to Education, that takes into account the three Engagement-pillars: authonomy, mastery and purpose.
The courses provided by the platform are focused on the improvement of cross-funcional skilss (a mix of soft and hard skills), the aim of which is to encourage the transversal use of digital tools and competences.
The first step is to provide each Company with a Skill-Gap Analysis, which can also be usefull for data-analytics. Also, each worker will have the result of its own survey. Then, a set of courses will be added to the platform, according to the Company needs. Each employee will have to take a certain number of courses and will be able to choose individually which one he/she is willing to take. The selected courses are added to a personal wallet on the platform.
Each course is divided into micro-levels. Each level begins with a very quick challenge (gamification), proposed in the form of a pop-up (which can be delayed by a few minutes or skipped to another day). If the challenge is overcome you get points and you pass to the next level. If you don't pass it, you have to take a short on-line class (15 minutes) and you can talk about the challenge with colleagues on the corporate community on-line. The platform includes a Disability Toolbar.
At the end of the accorded period (e.g. 1 year) there is a reward according to the points acquired (e.g. Company Welfare items). It is possible to create partnerships to certify the achievement of mastery in a certain area of competence, in order to obtain an Open Badge (employability).
Examples of possible courses: Software Oriented Problem Solving, Digital Team Working
On the one hand, reports such as the one published by Deloitte ("Leading the Social Enterprise: Reinvent with a Human Focus", 2019) show that there is a need for digital skills for the challenges of the future (re-skilling); on the other hand, there is a need for effective training that favours the engagement of workers and the personalization of their training (bottom-up approach).
In addition, considering the rapid obsolescence of softwares, it is necessary to facilitate the mental approach to digital tools, making it more flexible.
Solution target group
Our target group is composed by Companies and their employees.
Companies have the chance to make a Skill-Gap Analysis and check which skills should be improved; meanwhile they can train workers’ abilities to use digital skills and have a digital mindset.
As regard their employees, as they have the chance to built their own wallet they can choose the skills they are most interested in and that they find more meaningful for their work. Also, they can develop communication and collaboration skills using the Company's digital community.
The impact of this solution manifests itself on:
- more effective training (engagement)
- increase in engagement with one's own work
- reduction in Company skill-gap
- development of a "forma-mentis" open to the use of digital tools
KPI and ROI to measure the impact:
- Carry out a Skill-Gap Analysis before and after one year from the introduction of the platform => at least 5% decrease in the Skill-Gap is expected.
- How many times is the challenge skipped (without being approached)? Approximate threshold < 30% of total platform usage.
- Average platform usage (per employee/year): 10h/year (during the first year); 15 h/years (during the second year).
Solution tweet textEdu-Wallet: the most engaging learning platform to build your cross-functional skills path
Innovation is given by two elements.
- The method: it is based on the three pillars of Engagement (autonomy, mastery, purpose).
- The subjects: the focus is on cross-functional skills (mix of soft+hardskills) combined with the use of digital tools to facilitate the mental approach to technologies itself [currently, e-learning platforms are mainly focused on hard skills]
Funding: Fondazione Intesa Sanpaolo; Camera di Commercio; Crowdfunding (reward: access to one or more couses); EU funds.
Techincal Competences needed to develop the platform: software developer; project manager; social media manager; learning specialists; creative; fund-raising manager; legal specialist (contracts; privacy)
Solution team work
We supported each other and everyone has put their abilities at the disposal of the group to develop the inspiration, ideation and implementation of the project. It was a pleasure to work together and we wish to get a chance to do it again.
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.