Epiverso - From the latin episteme = scientific knowledge and from verse universe
Introduction to Epiverso
There are more than 5 million students belonging to secondary and higher education in Mexico who belong to generation Z and are interested in learning with the use of technologies.
Team membersAlejandro Hidalgo Badillo - a01423412 Leslie Marisol de la tijera Montes - a01422679 Aarón Pérez Ontiveros - a01422524 Kimberly Atara Lopez Vazquez - A01423052
Members roles and background
- Alejandro Hidalgo Badillo - Developer
Busca aplicar tecnologías de tendencia como lo es la inteligencia artificial en distintas áreas de oportunidad que se ven en el día a día, buscando un mundo mejor para cada uno de nosotros y á su vez la cura para el cáncer. Le gusta pintar y el teatro.
- Leslie Marisol de la tijera Montes - Business and finance
Es una persona muy inteligente, perseverante y estricta en su trabajo, le gusta jugar tenis y pintar en su tiempo libre.
- Aarón Pérez Ontiveros - Back and Front end developer
Aplicando los conocimientos extraídos de mis experiencias busco dejar una huella tecnológica que sea capaz de guiar a nuevas generaciones a áreas de estudio más lejanas, y a su vez me apasiona la música como tocar piano.
- Kimberly Atara Lopez Vazquez - Front end developer
Ella es estudiante y trabaja de medio tiempo en Konfío, es apacionada por las tecnologías, el arte y la música.
An immersive platform with 3D games, searching to increase the number of students in different areas (as for example on engineering and business careers , this will change depending on the institution we are working on). The immersive games consist of questions and answers to learn and interact simulating everyday activities in the real world. The api that we integrate is trained to interpret a natural language to be able to determine the feelings and emotions with which the question has been answered.
All this is concentrated on an immersive web APP searching for the best user experience giving them a second opinion on which path to start following.
The challenge is to increase academic and practical performance and we are questioning how might we make our users retain and apply the knowledge they gain in the real world. We want to solve this challenge because currently there is an academic delay and the interest in learning is being lost due to the Google effect. We believe that people can revalue learning if what they learn can be put into practice in the real world and possibly applied to future problem solutions. Additionally there are many people who do not know what to study or in what area to specialize in, and with this plataform they will be able to acquire information from different areas and make a better decision.
- Google receives more than 3.5 billion search requests per year for now.This exceptional increase leads to a potential problem: students have to deal with an overload of information The combination of this information overload and long-term memory loss increases the risk that Google and company will have a negative impact on the brain.
- The COVID-19 pandemic and the closure of schools caused a lag equivalent to two years of schooling in students in Mexico, reported the Instituto Mexicano de Competitividad (IMCO).
- In its report Education in Pandemic: The Risks of Distance Classes, the IMCO pointed out that during the pandemic Mexican students lost, on average, learning equivalent to two years of schooling, according to the first estimates of the World Bank.
- According to the XV University Trends Survey 2020, 56% of students admit that they are not clear about what they are going to study. Specifically, the results indicate that 45% have doubts and 11% say they "have no idea". In relation to the causes of their indecision, 72% of respondents say that they lack academic and professional guidance.
Solution target group
Our immersive platform helps higher and middle education students who want to learn diverse topics and develop skills necessary to solve nowadays problems by exploring a virtual world, that will prevent learning from being seen as boring, and solving real life problems, that will help users to apply the knowledge acquired, unlike attending to a regular school where the Google effect and mental laziness cause students to lose interest in learning and fall behind.
The idea of a metaverse is in the sights of great businessmen, however there is something that makes our idea different and that highlights it within the field of education. The key element will be the evaluation techniques. Within the Epiverse, users interact with three types of objects, one to receive information, another two to evaluate closed questions, and a third to answer open questions. In the open questions, a natural language analyzer stands out that will allow to interpret and analyze the feelings and emotions behind the answers to evaluate the way in which users are communicating what they are learning.
Additionally, the role of teachers and educational institutions will be key to controlling the validity of the content and monitoring the performance of students. Let's imagine that Luis has a question that was not clear to him with the explanation of the bot, in that case, he will be able to search for his teacher within the Epiverse and contact him directly to clarify his doubts.
Solution tweet textOur immersive platform helps higher and middle education students who want to learn diverse topics and develop skills necessary to solve nowadays problems by exploring a virtual world, that will prevent learning from being seen as boring, and solving real life problems.
Amazon web services
AI - paralleldots and meaningcloud
We trust that this immersive platform with Artificial Intelligence will be of great help to new generations, so in the medium term we want to scale the project to more higher education institutions, and in the long term even to other countries. So the opportunities for market growth and therefore business are immense.
Alliances with institutions such as High Schools, Colleges and MOOCs will be key to constitute our business model, specifically the way to obtain income. We will sell to educational institutions, such as Tec de Monterrey, our technology adapted to the topics they want to cover, so that they can develop the content and deliver course accreditation recognitions, while we take care of customizing the worlds and automating the Evaluation form.
Solution team work
Alejandro Hidalgo Badillo - a01423412
Leslie Marisol de la tijera Montes - a01422679
Aarón Pérez Ontiveros - a01422524
Kimberly Atara Lopez Vazquez - A01423052
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.