Application for sharing and creating maths examples
The biggest problem with math is that many people find it boring or too difficult to understand.Our app Mathfest offers a wide range of functions to help with making it more fun and accesible.You can challenge your friend to a duel, create your own examples or just learn from high school level text.
Team membersIng. Jan Bernard; Jakub Král; Patrik Rádl; Nguyen The Hoang; Richard Bouzek
Members roles and background
Our team has 5 members. We are all from High School of Engineering and Electrical Engineering in Brno, Czech Republic.
- Ing. Jan Bernard- math teacher, 26-year-old, the leader of the team
- Jakub Král - student, 18,
- Patrik Rádl- student, 18,
- Nguyen The Hoang- student, 19,
- Richard Bouzek- student, 17,
The goal of our application is to provide students and teachers with a platform for creating and calculating mathematical examples. There is also a duel option that allows students to challenge their friend or any platform user to measure their skills and experience. The application will be free, but you must create an account to use all the features of the application. We will measure success by the number of downloads, user activity, and the number of uploads. The advantage of our application is the creation of examples and sharing them between friends and users of the platform.
We did not face any significant problems when creating our application. The only problem is that we don't have a proper application development program. The current biggest challenge is to develop our proof of concept into a real app.
Solution target group
We focus mainly on high school students, and anyone else interested in learning mathematics.
The impact of our solution will hopefully be making math a fun subject to learn and its success will be measured by the amount of online users.
Solution tweet textMy friend: I don't know math Me: so download Mathfest lol
Certain apps with the same idea of making math more accessible and fun already exist, but our solution differs in the ability to create new examples and its target audience. Instead of basic math concepts we focus on high school level education. It can also serves as a tool for testing and teaching math in a clasroom.
This solution could be extended into other similar subjects like Physics or Electronics. For example duels can be played in almost any subject taught in schools.
We plan to develop our solution into an application and bring it to Google play and App store.In the long term we would like to see our app spread across Czech Republic and then be localised into different languages to increase its accessibility.
Solution team work
Our group consisted of 5 people. We decided to divide our work right in the beginning so our Teamwork went smooth and we helped each other along the way. We could definitely work together again in the future.
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.