Mobile App as a tool to align online teaching and learning process experience through activities and Alternative Assessment
From traditional to online, learner-centered teaching & learning
Mobile App as a tool to align online teachingand learning process experience through activities and Alternative Assessment
Team: Teaching And Learning Process Enhancement Team (TALPET).
Team membersMohammed Tamimi, Khawla Muhtaseb, Basil Atawneh
Members roles and background
Mohammed Tamimi, Khawla Muhtaseb, Basil Atawneh
Members roles and background
1. Mohammed Tamimi: Instructional Technology and Pedagogy specialist.
Role:Team Leader, content developer, resources provider, pedagogical support, design/redesign of activities and assessment tools.
2. Miss Khawla Muhtaseb: Enterprising teaching method trainer, quality assurance andcurriculum development specialist.
Role: Content developer, Quality assurance, Design/redesign of activities and assessment tools, Alignment of learning styels with teaching methods and assessmente tools.
3. Engineer Basil Atawneh: Programming specialist, mobile app developer.
Role: Programming specialist, mobile app developer, Design SATLA, Programming of SATLA, Provider of technical support
The Pandemic has forced higher education institutions (HEIs) to switch to distance learning abruptly. Teachers were forced to use technology platforms & digital resources, & align their teaching & learning (T&L) processes in a new perspective. In this solution, we plan to develop amobile app that can help teachers, learners & other stakeholders in redesigning materials &activities, engaging learners, use digital resources & alternative assessment tools, build rubrics, & provide feedback. SATLA users can utilize available tools & upload their examples & experiences soothers can benefit from them. SATLA can enhance T&L process in an easy, motivating way.
This solution bridges the gap that emerged in T&L because of the pandemic & provides mobile appto ease & enhance users’ experiences in online T&L.
Solution target group
Mainly teachers, learners & other stakeholders such as decision makers, schools & HEIs.
Developing SATLA can make it easier for teachers & learners to enhance their T&L experiences byusing innovative teaching methods. Users will find the alignment between learning styles, teaching methods, & assessment tools enriching & effective. The impact of this solution can be measured through the expected improvement of T&L process, the facilitation & occurence of the alignment process, & the interactivity, joy & excitement users are expected to have.
Solution tweet textSATLA makes T&L motivating, interactive, engaging, fair, & supportive in achieving T&L objectives
○SATLA is an interactive teaching and learning app.
○SATLA makes teaching, learning and assessment aligned easily.
○Bank of digital resources
○Hands-on teaching & learning process experiences in online context
Although there are solutions similar to SALTA such as Pocket, Seesaw, DIKSHA, Trello, etc., our app is handy, interactive, informative, learner and learning centered, and allows teachers and students to share activities and experiences
SATLA is initially designed for all teachers and students from all disciplines and levels; however, it can be adjusted and transferred to other environments such as businesses, marketing context, and training programs. SATLA will have a website and can also be implemented into other systems such as Android and IOS and embedded into other website and platforms.
- Short term plan: SATLA will be introduced in Apple Store, Play Store, and SATLA website as a free source (freemium). SATLA has the possibility of upgrading accounts to premium with membership fee.
- Midterm plan: SATLA can be a tool to provide training to institutions and training of trainers on the T&L process.
Solution team work
The diverse and integrated experiences of team members created harmony and commitment towards achieving our vision in enhancing the teaching and learning process locally, regionally andglobally. Although we were under a lot of pressure, we managed to keep the teamwork spirit and dedication alive. As a team, we plan to run this app and improve its services based on reviews and feedback. Other future plans for our team is to develop an Arabic version of SALTA, develop SATLA for business and SATLA for training programs.
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.