Re-fresh your mind! Your solution to avoid food waste.
Nowadays waste of fresh food is a huge problem which depends a lot on our capability to be organised and planning well our groceries. Re-fresh, a easy-to-use application for smart devices, allows you to reduce food waste and promote healthy diet, food sharing and awareness.
Team membersElena Giaccone, Tomas Monopoli, Baris Akyuz, Luca Cerri.
Members roles and background
Elena Giaccone _ Product designer and developer
Tomas Monopoli _ Market manager
Luca Cerri _ Business Developer
Baris Akyuz _ Technical Expert
Our final product is an application for smart devices which helps you buy and organize your fresh food, tracks expiration dates and warns you to take action to avoid waste.
It also promotes healthy eating habits, food sharing and a socializing community
All in all, it reduces the food waste from the households and helps building awareness on sustainable food circularity
Too much food is wasted in each household
Forgetting food up to the expiration date
100% reduction in household food waste
Promoting food circulatiry and awareness through digital media
Solution target group
By wasting less (or no) food
By training to have a fresh and healty diet
By having discounts, coupons or benefits in shopping or restaurants
By self-motivation and self-improvement
Supermarkets, Restaurants, Cafés, etc.:
By increasing publicity therefore increase the number of their customers
By increase customer fidelity and the number of returning customers
Households can reduce the wasted food for 100%
Promoting fresh and healthy diet in a community
Create social interactions in a community
The economic and environmental impact of the food saved will be expressed in CO2 and euro.
Solution tweet textRe-fresh your mind! Your solution to avoid food waste.
Althought there are apps in the same category, we are better because:
- We are free
- We offer ease of use (automatic scanning and updating)
- We provide store benefits (discounts, coupons, etc.)
- We boost social interactions while reducing food waste
- We promote food circulatiry and a sharing community
- Can be transferred to a larger community, broader customer segments
- Can be updated with features to extend the capacity of the app
- Can be modified to be combined with other health or food sharing apps
- The project will possibily to start and gain popularity through online shopping and then will be extended to a larger amount of people and businesses.
- The app will be used to decrease wasted food from households
- The app will promote a progressive community
Solution team work
This team is an exemplary combination of multi-cultural group from multi-disciplinary backgrounds
Different influences strengthened the vesatility and created a balanced and long-term bond between teammates.
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.