Recov-id: digital framework to empower and follow up citizens on their recovering from Covid-19
Digital framework to empower citizens recovering from Covid-19
COVID-19 long term and secondary effects are still largely unknown.
Recov-id is a digital framework to empower and follow up citizens on their recovering from Covid-19 while collecting relevant data to foster scientific research.
Team: Recov-id Team
Team membersGiorgio Colangelo , Jaime Simarro, Eva Aurin, Victoria Valls
Members roles and background
Giorgio Colangelo, Vall Hebron Research Institute, Artificial Intelligence Project Manager
Jaime Simarro, Icometric, PhD Student
Eva Aurin, Vall Hebron Hospital, Head of Innovation
Victoria Valls, Vall Hebron Hospital, Innovation Project Manager
Recov-id is a digital framework to empower and follow up citizens on their recovering from Covid-19.
Using a mobile app, volunteers formerly affected from Covid-19, can share their Health data (already collected from most of their mobile devices). These data are periodically complemented by volunteers with additional information: clinical history, lung pictures, smell tests, etc.
The framework adopts state of the art protocols to respect privacy legal requirements of citizens, empowers citizens by showing them an evolution of their recovery, promote gamification of healthy habits by adopting a "healthy score".
Recov-id gives to researchers an unprecedented follow up dataset to study covid recovery side effects, develop best practices for optimal recovery habits and identify risks for certain class of citizens.
Secondary and long term effects of Covid 19 are still not fully understood.
Moreover, despite of solitude which go with Covid 19 patients recovering from the virus belong to a global community which on one side is still vulnerable until a full recovery, on the other can help to further investigate long term effects of the virus
Solution target group
- Citizens recovered from Covid 19
- Medical personal (doctors, medical assistants)
- Social assistants
- Salus Coop (possible partner) : https://www.saluscoop.org/ to use a privacy compliant platform
- Empower Citizen with their data
- Create Citizen Science community
- Improve recovering from Covid 19
- Collect data to increase scientific research on long term and secondary effects of Covid 19
- Reduce pression on primary healthcare centers
Solution tweet textRecov-id, a citizen science community to contribute to research and learn how to optimally recover from Covid 19: Download the mobile app and give your contribution to medical system!
- Artificial Intelligence at work: Clustering of patients based on their recovery patterns
- Citizen Science Experiment
- Developement of personalized recomendations to decrease recover time
- Novel data set on Covid-19 recovery.
- Gamification of healthy habits
- Data set collected can be largerly used by scientific community
- The movile app can be focused to other pathologies
Most of the core technology is already implemented.
- Promote and create a citizen science community
- Use core codes of already existing data app collection system (implemented in Vall Hebron Hospital Campus)
- Analize data and get scientific insights
- Provide patient specific reccomendations (Precision medicine)
Solution team work
Yes, all the team members are commited to work on this in the future.
Public institutions (Vall Hebron Research Institute and Vall Hebron Hospital) could support the project.
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.