SkilLAB: team, collaborate and apply knowledge today
Our platform helps students who want to develop soft and social skills while applying knowledge to real life-like scenarios by counteracting the deficit of practice opportunities and social distancing effects and developing abilities useful to them, and society, outside the educational environment.
Team membersIvan Bruno Muñoz Yhmoff, Yazmin Ramos Añorve, Lourdes Jazmin Muciño Garcia, María Ortiz
Our platform helps students and learners who want to develop soft and social skills while applying knowledge to real life-like AI-generated scenarios and counteracts the deficit of practice opportunities and social distancing effects and developing abilities useful to them, and society, outside the educational environment, also helping to form teams and connections with mentors and organizations to develop real solutions for today's problems.
3/4ths of teachers say having to rely on distance learning is making their students fall behind in their classwork. Social distancing has accentuated the obstacles to communicating, acquiring social skills and experience.
Solution target group
Students and learners in higher education with access to the internet that looking to develop skills to connect, collaborate and apply knowledge.
- NGO and GOV interested in SDGs related skill development, recruiting or in the need of help of innovators.
A direct impact would be the users of the platform, students, mentors, and organizations collaborating and solving both hypothetical and real problems.
Part of our filters will be SDGs, orienting the problems and connections to sustainable development.
After making connections and acquiring experience with hypothetical problems, learners are encouraged to earn bandages by acting: generating real-life solutions and sustainable projects
Solution tweet textAre you able to save the world? Undergraduates don't know, haven't got a chance yet. Join SkillLAB, develop problem-solving and soft skills with real-life based problems, use global connectivity, team up w/people from around the globe. Solve the case, save the world.
- AI to bring real-world and relatable problems to the students who need to develop useful skills that can only be obtained from the real world
- Focus on linking knowledge and action
- It combines digital networking and when possible, the action part can be with real interactions and physical projects if needed
- The database of problems and bandages, with help of SDGs orientation, cover subjects for all career areas.
- Location filter helps to adapt the cases making them relatable and useful for students
Strategic alliances with universities and companies so that they sustain the project economically and provide data to feed artificial intelligence and gain access to this system. Companies looking for innovators or strategic solution-oriented work would be partners.
Solution team work
- We worked in a harmonious and synergistic way
- We connected and added what we wanted and what we know
- We all provided unique points of view and insights that helped us build our business model
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.