SHAFLT: Super Happy & Fun Learn Time
The big problem : the distraction in Digital Education
Students who take online courses are exposed to more distractions by social media, browsing or text messages and affects their academic performance. The idea is to help students to get focused by controlling their actions which create distractions.
Team: Goal Chasers
Team membersB.V.G.S.S. Gunawardhana (Team Leader) ,M.P.C.L. Rajapaksha,B.K. Tennakoon,M.M.P. Midigama,H.M.S.I. Dayawansha
Members roles and background
Team members are undergraduates of the Open University of Sri Lanka who follow BSE Software Engineering Degree program.
This study on the development of the Interactive SHAFLT System to Develop Problem-Solving Ability and Self-Regulation for students has the major purpose to learn in digital education. This can help students to give education with entertainment and actively engage the students in online education. The main aim is to provide learners with the chances to learn by themselves and to enable them to succeed in their learning and to apply the knowledge they learn to their real lives in a continuous manner throughout their lives.
- Easy to access different online learning platforms on this platform.
- Teachers can post creative pop up questions as well as students and answer questions on time and get points to be daily winners.
- Playing games using points and joining some free educational game events.
Solution target group
- Students who are addicted to games
- Teachers who do extra classes for students
- Private school students
- Students or childeren who participate mass educational programmes
- The ability to interfear with the technology.
- The ability to clearly understand the unique strengths and weaknesses of each medium, and how to access information through that medium.
- The ability to use the medium to communicate with teachers and other distance learners.
- Ability to educate the student joyfully and effortlessly
- Ability to obtain Self-Evaluation Reports and teachers can help student's problems such as ( Mentality Stress, Fear, Shame to speak)
Solution tweet textLet's increase learner engagement in digital education using the Super Happy And Fun Learn Time) framework. Do you want to know more? Click on the link below!
- Giving education with entertainment
- Actively engage the students in online classes and can join different learning platforms such as (Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet)
- Remembering matters related to the lessons easily
- Students can earn money using their own knowledge or playing games
Providing Full package (Themes, Question Categories, Animations) that can be implemented easily and adapted in different contexts.
Traditional learning can never overcast the online education system. It will never completely replace face-to-face learning.Online learning extends educational resources to people who may not otherwise have access. This, combined with the added sustainability and reduced costs, ensures that online learning will surely continue to grow.
Solution team work
- Using effective techniques to avoid common problems in constructive feedback.
- Understanding the impact of effective appraisals on the team. Develop a strategy for implementing better-constructed feedback.
- Considering the format of feedback and how this impacts the presentation.Constructing clear and actionable criticism.
- Develop a skillset to better work in a team. Doing effectively to create more efficient social change
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.