Travel Club for Elderly - TRACE
TRACE - Travel Club for Elderly
Travelling together with people you like strengthens and deepens friendships, keeps you active, stimulates and challenges your brain as you encounter new people, cultures and environments, reduces stress and improves your mood and outlook on life.
Team membersAnna Grabowska, Anna Czaja, Ewa Kozłowska, Karolina Chylińska, Aleksander Trzeciak, Andreas Huber
Members roles and background
- Anna G. - a grandma (Poland), https://www.facebook.com/anna.grabowska.3133
- Karolina - a doctor (Sweden), https://www.facebook.com/karolina.chylinska.37
- Anna C. - a mother and an IT teacher (Poland), https://www.linkedin.com/in/czaja/
- Ewa - a PhD student (Poland, https://pl.linkedin.com/in/ewa-d-kozlowska
- Aleksander - a medical student (Poland), https://mug.edu.pl
- Andreas - a manager (Germany), https://www.facebook.com/andreas.huber.1460
We would also like to thank Valerie Woodgaiger - a grandma from Wales, https://www.facebook.com/valerie.woodgaiger. Val is a person who inspired us a lot.
Our final product will be a website, with two main purposes. First, a guide for seniors where we will teach how to organize a trip, providing help on each step of the planning process. Second, a social platform for planning trips. Sharing work means everyone is responsible for planning the trip. For example one person books theatre tickets, another chooses places to eat, etc. Being engaged in the planning process makes everyone feel important and gives people the sense of empowerment.
Traveling in the digital era can be a difficult task for senior citizens. Booking flights or bus tickets, checking museum opening hours and finding affordable accommodation may be easy for millennials but most of the time is an obstacle for elderly.
Solution target group
Seniors citizens health and quality of life will improve.
Tourism industry will earn money.
Grandchildren will find common interests, will join trips and have fun together.
Seniors will organise travelling according to their specific needs.
They will increase their number of friends of similar age and interest.
As a metric we will use the number of registered users and the number of sucessfully organized trips
Solution tweet textLet's travel with whom you like and how you like. Only imagination is your limit.
Travel agencies for elderly force clients to accept the ready-made offer. We assume seniors want to be responsible for their choices regarding destination, means of transport, places to stay, sites to visit, people with whom they travel. Our service gives seniors the freedom to plan their own trip to the tiniest detail. To the best of our knowledge no such service currently exists.
Our solution can be implemented in intergenerational teams. Grandchildren can travel with grandmothers and grandtfathers and have a lot of fun together.
We plan to implement the pilot version at the Academy of Third Age at Gdansk University of Technology.
Then we will spread out information about the product among other universities of third age in Poland as well as abroad.
Our product may ultimately be funded by affiliated links.
Solution team work
The teamwork was perfect and we plan on continuing our co-operation. All team members had unique and valuable ideas.
Our members come from various backgrounds which helped us look at the problem from different angles.
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.