Why is the van Gogh so pixelated and old Goethe in a Podcast? About digital art-festivals
Interactive & innovative formats for digital art festivals
For many cultural events that are now online we present in our solution interactive and innovative formats, which should transform these events in digital formats in the best way possible.
Team membersMelina Baßfeld, Sayamand Baklaro, Domenico Bianco, Ann-Kathrin Thimm, Eileen Ramnitz
Members roles and background
Ruhr Universität Bochum, Sozialwissenschaft
- Organisation, Umfrageergebnisse auswerten, Beispiel für einfaches Medienformat
Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germanistik und Geografie
- Organisation, Interview geführt, Fragen für Umfrage, Beispiel für einfaches Medienformat
Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Japanologie und Kultur-Individuum-Gesellschaft
- Organisation, Brainstorming, interaktives RPG-Designkonzept & Prototyp worthoch3.exe
Universität Duisburg-Essen, Angewandte Kognitions- und Medienwissenschaft
Studienschwerpunkte: Digitale Medien, Programmierung, Psychologie
- Mindmap erstellt, Brainstorming, Fragen für Umfrage, Dokumentation, innovatives Designkonzept beschrieben & Demo in Photoshop erstellt, Format Dokumentation
- Brainstorming, Fragen für Umfrage, Dokumentation, Literaturbeispiele/ Zitate
- Mitwirkung an der Mindmap, Fragen für Umfrage
- Interview und Brainstorming
Blue Square Leitung und Veranstaltungsmanagement
Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB)
- Fragebogen erstellt
For our solution, we have created possible media formats that can convert cultural festivals into a digital format as diverse and promising as possible. We were able to do this with 3 exemplary concept drafts; 1 interactive, 1 easily accessible & 1 innovative.
Lock-down? - Log in! Many events had to be cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak. Since then, many creative ideas have emerged to find a way to continue to hold events, especially art events. Nevertheless, these digital events have their own difficulties related to the medium used. Digital festivals are opening a new catalog of questions, and we hope to be able to answer some of them. How can they be made more attractive and how can you reach the right audience?
Solution target group
Our target group are people who are interested in art and culture. We have developed new concepts that help the cultural sector and artists to bring their product to the digital world, makes them accessible to people and shows a new way of interaction with art on adigital level. The 3 concept drafts are intended to create potential opportunities for the participants to carry out the art festivals in digital form. In our concepts of digital realisation the participants should be able to access the content in ways they are used to. Perhaps these new concept allow participants to view well known content under a new perspective due to the different approach.
We want to be able to change the awareness of how cultural events can be organized today. Digital tools are not only a different media approach, the content has to be thought of differently under digital circumstances. We hope to be able to bring elements of our concept into the next WortWortWort event and evaluate their impact by surveys among artists and the festival visitors. The university seminar will be continued during the following semesters to test, enhance and extend the use of tools and try them out both in the university context and for the general public.
In addition to that we think that the concepts would have a big impact on a universities social life, since these concepts are easy to reproduce and enjoy together. Education could also implement these concepts to engage students more and help them grow their skills and creativity.
Solution tweet textMake art festivals sexy again! #WORTWORTWORT #pixelatedvangogh
Our concepts offer alternatives to previous concepts which have already shown problems in implementation. Our innovative concepts offer solutions to these problems and are designed to enable the best possible transfer of the content to digital form. Furthermore our concepts offer new implementation of already known content which lets people interact with the already known subjects in new ways.
Our concept could be reproduced very well on a university level. We are currently involved in the Ruhr University's initiative "Innovative Praxisprojekte", which supports the WORTWORTWORT literature festival, a cooperation between the city of Bochum, the university and several creative agencies.
Therefore we assume that similar projects can be launched to connect students with professionals and universities with the creative sector. Furthermore these concepts could be used for other cultural institutions like museums or landmarks like monuments to give innovative concepts to visitors.
Our concept is a flexible tool to be used in different cultural environments. It can be adapted to several contexts, for example to be used by the agencies with whom we cooperate and who regularly organise cultural events. If needed it can also be developed further in different directions, depending on the actual needs.
Solution team work
The division of work between the group went really well. We communicated over Zoom and Mattermost which enabled fluent communication. Time could be divided well due to parrallel work process.
Everyone could enrich the group with their unique skills.
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.