How to vote to designate the three DigiEduHack 2020 Global winners?
Time to make your voice heard! You want to make change happen in digital education? Rock your vote, and tell us your favourite solution(s)!
You want to make change happen in digital education in Europe and beyond? You're in the right place! Last November during the 2020 edition of DigiEduhack, our local hosts crowned 51 challenge winning solutions. These 51 challenges winning solutions then moved to the next stage and were assessed by the DigiEduHack steering group who selected 12 finalists. Now we need you to contribute by choosing the three DigiEduHack 2020 Global Winners. How? We tell you all below!
How does the voting process work?
- the voting process is open until 28.3.2021 at 20:00 PM CET.
- until the votes are closed, you can cancel and/or re-attribute your vote.
- a registered voter can vote for more than one solution.
- voting is open to -quite literally- anyone above 13 years old at the time of the vote, whether previously involved in DigiEduHack or not.
- the voting takes place on the United Nations' Unite Ideas platform on this page https://ideas.unite.un.org/digieduhack/Page/Home
- voters under 13 years old can register with authorization from their relevant parents/guardian.
- to be able to vote for a solution, registration on https://ideas.unite.un.org is compulsory.
- see below instructions on how to register and vote and FAQ.
- if you encounter any trouble during the voting process, contact email@example.com
We kindly remind all participants and hosts that we expect fair behaviour during the voting process.
Every vote will be assessed by the Central Team and the Unite Ideas team, and all "votes from bots" will be removed from the results.
1- Register on Unite Ideas
- create a user profile on https://ideas.unite.un.org/main/User/Login#/login/register/
- fill-in the fields, pass the reCAPTCHA test
- tick the "I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions for this site" box
- note that you need to be over 13 years old to register (under 13 years old need authorization from their relevant parents/guardian)
- click on "Submit"
- you now see a screen saying "Thank you for registering" and a link saying "reset your password". Click on the link.
- enter the username ( NOT your email!) you chose during your registration. Click "Submit". You're halfway done!
- go to your mailbox. Open the mail with the title "New Password Request".
- click on the first link
- time to create your password: passwords must be 8-20 characters long and contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number and one special character.
- Click on "Submit"
- now you can log in... and vote!
- go to https://ideas.unite.un.org/digieduhack/Page/Home
- to vote for a solution, click on its name, and go to the solution's page, and click on the voting icon
- You can see "I voted" and a cross under the icon? Your vote is registered! You can stop here or vote for more solutions.
- you voted for a solution but you changed your mind? You can take back your vote anytime: return to the solution page and click on the cross next to "I voted" under the voting icon.
- if you encounter any trouble during the voting process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- you deleted your vote for a solution by mistake? No panic, just click again on the voting icon.
- in order to preserve a fair and accurate voting process, both the DigiEduHack team and the Unite Ideas team will assess all the votes and remove all "votes from bots"
- unfortunately, there is no technical way to reflect these updates in the voting counters located on the solution pages: this means that those counters will not reflect the actual votes for each solution
- every Tuesday, the DigiEduHack team will publish on Twitter the cleared-up total amount of votes for each solution. Stay tuned!