Human + AI in Education
The "Human + AI in Education" hackathon invites visionary thinkers and tech enthusiasts to envision the future of education. This futuristic event seeks to bridge human intuition with AI's precision, creating unparalleled educational tools.
Participants will collaboratively develop innovations that fuse AI's efficiency with human warmth, ensuring a balanced ed-tech evolution. As education's horizons expand, this hackathon promises to shape an era where AI complements educators, rather than competes, fostering a more enriched, personalised, and inclusive learning environment.
The hackathon will take place in a blended format. Address for onsite participation: Kantersteen 12, 1000 Brussels.
Who can join?
Edtech providers, policy makers, parents -- everyone is welcome
Specific conditions to apply
To apply for the Human + AI in Education Hackathon, applicants must adhere to the following conditions:
1) Teams should comprise a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 members.
2) Participants should be fluent in English, as the event and support resources will be conducted in English.
3) Teams from diverse backgrounds and multidisciplinary fields are highly encouraged to ensure holistic solution development.
4) Applicants should be committed to attending the full duration of the hackathon, participating actively, and respecting the collaborative ethos of the event.
07 - 09 NOV 2023Register by 05 NOV
Emerging Technologies for Education
Challenge and goals
The "Human + AI in Education" hackathon aims to:
1) Foster innovations that synergise AI capabilities with human-centric educational approaches.
2) Develop prototypes of tools/software that elevate personalised and inclusive learning.
3) Strengthen the global community of ed-tech developers, fostering collaboration and shared insights.
4) Highlight the potential of AI in addressing current educational challenges while retaining human touchpoints.
5) Create a blueprint for the future where AI augments teachers, enriching the holistic learning experience. The event anticipates groundbreaking solutions that could redefine modern pedagogy.
Expectations and requirements for the solutions and participants
1) Have a foundational understanding of AI, educational frameworks, or ed-tech development.
2) Assemble teams with diverse skills, ensuring a blend of tech expertise and pedagogical insight.
3) Demonstrate commitment to ethical AI and inclusive education principles.
4) Be ready to prototype a viable solution during the hackathon.
5) Engage actively with mentors, experts, and peers, embracing feedback.
6) Present their innovations with clarity, emphasising both technical viability and educational impact.
7) Abide by the event's code of conduct, promoting a respectful, collaborative environment.
8) Prioritise solutions that are scalable and adaptable across diverse educational contexts.
Throughout the hackathon, participants will have access to:
1) Expert mentors specialising in AI, education, and ed-tech integration.
2) A resource library with foundational AI tools and educational databases.
3) Collaborative platforms to facilitate teamwork and idea exchange.
4) Technical support teams to troubleshoot any software or hardware issues.
5) Interactive workshops diving deep into AI ethics, pedagogy, and development best practices.
6) Networking opportunities with industry leaders and potential investors.
7) Continuous feedback sessions to refine and enhance their solutions.
8) Post-event support for potential implementation and scaling of winning innovations.